Friday, October 5, 2007

The Best Part of the Week

I love Wednesday nights at 8:00.
I look forward to it all day Monday, all day Tuesday, and all day Wednesday.
It is a very special part of the week for me.
At 5:30 my sister Michelle comes over and we have dinner.
At 7:00 we put the kids to bed and hang out and chat for about an hour.
Then at 8:00/8:15, it begins.
An entire hour devoted to a very special lady.
I love you Tyra Banks!!
I love America's Next Top Model.
I'm not a big "reality TV" fan, but I love this show.
It's not that I want to be a model or every think I could be but I love the "artsy" stuff with the photography and I love watching one awkward, gangly girl rise to the top of the pack.
At the season opener we each pick our choice for winner (FYI: I am often correct)
and then we spend each week half entranced while the other half of our chitchatting is focused on which parts will be mocked endlessly by Joel McHale on The Soup (another one of my favs).
I usually don't talk about TV stuff around other people because I don't like to debate about why I should or shouldn't like my smut.
However, I feel obligated to inform the rest of you (whomever you are) that this is entertainment on multiple levels.
So I say with the utmost sincerity and in a complete whisper, "Congratulations, you are still in the running to become America's Next Top Model."
Now that is fierce=)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

omg... kerri jones and i were totally whispering about antm during our rehearsal in the studio today!!! LOVE that show for the same reasons you stated.
my husband tom used to roll his eyes and refuse to be in the same room with me when it was on but it's funny... last year he ended up seeing it and getting secretly hooked (although he'd never admit it)
who's going to win?? i'll ask you when i see you at rehearsals :o)

Jenn said...

I, too, am a big fan of the show. This past week was one of my fav epsiodes because of one word - MAKEOVER. I love watching the girls hair transformations! And, yes, I secretly imagine what they might do for my boring straight locks....

Anonymous said...

Okay...as long as we're "wispering" on the internet I'll follow with my confession...Desperate Housewives is my entertainment smut. I do love ANTM, but won't watch it unless the girls have it on...I'm really in love with DH. It feels a little like an addiction, but i justify it with the fact that this is my worst vice. Glad to hear you have your little TV vice too. =)

Brooke said...

here comes wednesday night... hee hee
:o)
thank goodness for dvr's, huh? have fun at your school thing tonight.