Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Way I See It...

So Starbucks puts these snippets on their cups about the way others see life. They are usually very odd bits of someones thought and they often try to reach way too deep for such simple musings.
But, if Starbucks were to call me up and ask me how I see things so that they can print it for all of the coffee drinking, caffeine loving world to see, I would reach way down into my creative soul and tell them this...
"Nothing is what it seems.
No one person is able to
display,absorb or comprehend
all that fills their eyes.
It is too big, too grand and too painful
for one's eyes and mind to accept.
I am not yet my future and I refuse to be my past.
I cannot and should not be a recycled version of myself.
I am right now.
I am today.
I am what I see and what I do
and a series of reactions to all that I encounter.

Today, I encountered a grown man
as he picked his nose and ate
that which his body was so desperately
trying to get rid of.

Again I say,
This world contains many things
which I cannot and will not ever comprehend."

Epilogue:
The thing is, we were at Baja Fresh waiting in line to get some very tasty food. AND YET, he couldn't wait. He had to have a snack. But not just any snack would do, he had to take my appetite away while enjoying a morsel of what truly is human waste. It's mind bottling.

If you are what you eat, I would rather be a burrito.

5 comments:

Eric Wakeling said...

I love my wife.

Anonymous said...

HA! LOL. Thanks for the chuckle.

Anonymous said...

You just made me seriously sick to my stomach. SOOOOOOO SICK!

Anonymous said...

I have to stop reading your blog at work. People keep looking at me wierd when I laugh out loud in my ridiculously quiet office.

Anonymous said...

you are hilarious.