Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Most Beautiful Addiction or The Glory of Cardboard

I have a confession. I am completely addicted to coffee. The pathetic part of this is that I am not addicted to the flavor of coffee or the aroma or even the caffeine. Those are all secondary addictions to a far-surpassing issue.
It starts when I wake up in the morning. A hundred times a day it comes to mind. My hand starts to itch, crave, long for the feeling of that warm perfectly textured cardboard cup (with sleeve). There are few things (okay, probably an over-statement) that can compare to the feeling of walking around with a cup of hot coffee/latte/mocha even tea will suffice, in my hand.
I love how toasty my hand gets. I love it. It is a small joy when I am getting up before 5am every day. I have many things in my life that make me happy, but there is something about a hot togo cup that puts a little extra spring in my step.
And, in case you were wondering, there IS a heirarchy of cup quality. Not because of the quality of the coffee inside. Starbucks definitely has the best feeling by far. Perfect cup thickness and weight with a sleeve that stays in place and is designed to line up perfectly with the logo on the cup.
*That has to do with an another issue of mine. Another post for another day.
Then there is the CoffeeBean but their cups are a little too thin.
We have to go cups at home but they are way too thick but much cheaper than a daily visit to a coffee place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the exact same way about a nice cold can of diet coke in my hand!

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious. I love the subtitle.