Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Favorite Time of the Year

I love the beginning of the school year.
I have always loved the start of school and all that it entails.
Every year I look forward to getting that special outfit for the first day of school and the best part of all? The trip to Staples.
I get all tingly inside when I walk in and they have all of their special school stuff set up. I LOVE walking through the aisles rummaging through all of the fun supplies. I am a school supplies junkie. This year I got folders for each of my units that I teach and special clips for my TA that tell her what is to be filed and what is to be graded or copied. I have a labelmaker to put labels on EVERYTHING. Poor Grace she has been completely afflicted with my OCD ways. She loves labels and organization almost as much as I do.
I am also very passionate about color coordination.
I love purple. It makes me happy.
Purple pens, purple folders, purple sticky notes and note pads.
Pink is a close second.
I get great fulfillment from making my school year purchases, taking them to my classroom and setting everything up. I empty my desk out at the end of each year into a crate so that I can reorganize my desk for the new year.
This year was my best first day of school ever. I have no idea what was different, but I finished the day feeling so pleased. I have great kids. This year I am teaching 1 English 1(9th grade) and 3 English 2(10th grade) classes. I have many kids that I had last year. I was actually really nervous about that but it has turned out great.
I love my job. I get so excited about what I am teaching. This year it is my goal to teach my students the art of quality vs. quantity.
It's the hap-happiest season of all!!
Oh, here are a couple pictures of my room this year. I share a classroom with my phenomenal friend, Becca (she is the cutie in the picture above) and the one who got someone to paint our room and we did all of our decorating together. We are a great team. Ronnage!!
The bottom picture is just of my desk. We coordinated all of our colors and got chandeliers and decorated with our own photography/works of art.
Yes, we do have the coolest best looking room on campus, hands down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bea!
If you like purple as much as you say then you should see my room: purple walls and chair, clock and pillows. The floor in Lindy's closet is purple, too. WHEN, not if, you guys come to our house, you'll see it.
Julia

Anonymous said...

Who would have ever thought that purple and pink would be your favorite colors??? (Oops... Was that too much of a Mom thing to say?)

jibby said...

I love Bea!
Purple is my favorite color too!
miss you